Invalid Card or Unsuccessful Payment
The most common cause is the prepaid credit card has not been registered, or the billing information put in at the time of payment does not match the billing details registered with the prepaid credit card.
The code is invalid.
There can be 2 reasons why this is happening:
1. You are redeeming the code on the right page. The gift card is not a ''promo code'' or a ''star code'', it is a gamecard. It must be redeemed here https://www.roblox.com/gamecards/redeem
3. You typed the code with a typo. The most common errors are: writing Rl (minuscule L) instead of RI (capital i), and O (capital o) instead of 0 (zero). It is advised to copy and paste the code to avoid typos.
This code has already been redeemed.
Most of the time, when this error message appears, the redemption worked. You can see the credit in dollars below the ''Redeem'' button. Please note that Roblox will automatically convert the value of your gift card into dollars.
You don’t see any credit? Then please relog to your Roblox account. If after this, the credit still doesn’t appear, we kindly ask you to contact the Roblox support. They will be able to provide you with technical assistance.
Redeemed the code, but don't have any Robux
The Roblox gift card that you purchased does not give Robux, it adds credit to your Roblox account. With this credit, you can purchase the Robux. You can visit the billing page of your account to view your available credit. With your credit, you can now purchase the Robux.
Error: An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later.)
This error message appears when the Roblox website encounter difficulties. It is not related to the code. It is advised to try to redeem the code later. If you have already tried that, but the redemption is still impossible, please contact the Roblox support.
What can I do to prevent these errors?
- Register the correct billing information with the prepaid card provider. You can do this by visiting the card company's website or calling the customer service number on the card.
- When you make a payment, make sure the billing information you enter on Roblox matches the registration information exactly.
What if the issue is already happening?
If the transaction is not going through, do not try to re-purchase. This can result in pending charges that can place a hold on the balance of the card for up to 10 days. The amount held will return to your card automatically and Roblox will not receive payment. If you have problems even after registering, call the customer service number on your card to see why they are declining the charges.
To assist you better, please include the details below:
1. Order ID
2. Screenshot of the pop-up/error message
3. Additional information (if any)
NOTE: We don't provide replacements/refunds for products that are already redeemed to the account. Refunds are only processed provided that the product is in its unused condition and can be sold on. Used products are not eligible for refunds.